Promotions with prizes of alcohol
You may host reward promotions that do not encourage excessive consumption of alcohol, or promote intoxication. These include:
- raffles where the prize is free liquor
- ‘buy one get one free’ promotions.
Low-risk promotions are also allowed, such as:
- ‘beer of the month’ brand switching to encourage trialing a new product
- loyalty reward programs conducted over more than 1 trading day.
You are permitted to hold themed events, such as ‘student nights’, provided that the conduct of the event or occasion does not:
- encourage rapid or excessive intake of alcohol
- otherwise promote intoxication.
You are permitted to provide free sampling within your licensed premises.