Who needs to be RSA trained?

The following people must complete RSA training within 30 days of starting employment:

  • the licensee (if an individual)
  • any member of staff of a licensed premises who is involved in the service or supply of liquor at the premises. This means approved managers, bartenders, glass collectors, floor staff, room service staff, and in certain cases, crowd controllers working at licensed premises in the Brisbane City Council area.

Who is exempt from holding an RSA certificate?

The following people are not required to hold an RSA certificate:

  • a person holding a current RMLV certificate
  • volunteers, if performing duties under one of the following licence categories:
    • community club licence
    • community other licence
    • community liquor permit
    • restricted liquor permit. Note: In these instances, however, the licensee or permit holder must take reasonable steps to ensure there is a person with the relevant RSA training certification to supervise the volunteers.